106715_New Spring Fashion from DrJays.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Progressing in a Recession: A Photographer’s Story.....

By Contributing Writer Kendrick Scott

As we all know our economy is in one of it's worst conditions since The Great Depressions and it has forced many of us to alter our career choices. A photographer by the name of Daniel T. Davis has taken advantage of the recession and is now one of the front runners of photography in Houston, Texas. I, myself have worked with Daniel and can vouch on his craft. .

With that being said, I had the pleasure to interview the man behind the
lens..Check it out..

KS: What inspired you to become a photographer? Italic
DANIEL: Photography happened by default…I never meant to become a photographer or even admired the art form…So I don’t have a story of taking photos since I was 15 or going to art exhibits. I have two degrees in Environmental Design and Architecture and have worked on at least 25 built projects but the recession is the true reason I started taking photography after attempting to photograph my own designs. I was asked to join ThePaparazziOnline.com, an event photography co. ran by my longtime friend Daniel Oakes.


KD:
Judging by your work I would have thought that it's been a passion of yours for quite some time now. Where does the creativity come from?


DANIEL
: I promise, I literally studied night and day on my own, learning every tip and trick I could learn for about 3 months and I still research at least once a week....So people thinking you just buy a dslr camera are dead wrong....You MUST have the artistic vision and student mentality otherwise your just a cat with an expensive camera. To explain my work....it's hard to describe but I want to bring out the attitude in any person I shoot...Models, music artists, couples…it’s all the same to me.


KD
: Your name is ringing bells out here in Texas and you are one of the go to guy’s for a photo shoot. What do you believe is the reason behind the sudden success?


DANIEL
: I would have to say my style. And maybe It isn't even a style is my opinion....It is what it is....Raw ...My whole aim was to be different from every other pretty picture. I have a thing with those blurry backgrounds man Lol. I’m the blurry backgrounds master Lol.

Check out some of his work..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


KD
: How may the viewers see more of your work or contact you?


DANIEL
: I have my own website that display a lot of my work www.7dstudioz.com. The pictures that I shoot for the night life is www.thepaparrazionline.com. You can search Daniel T. Davis for Facebook and my twitter is www.twitter.com/70live

No comments: