106715_New Spring Fashion from DrJays.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you have a Sacred Heart!?!?...............

by Kesha Denise of Funky Flair Boutique

Well, if you don’t, you definitely need to get one and ASAP. Brandi Russell is the mastermind of Sacred Heart Collection because its so very “Classy and Fabulous”. Brandi was so kind to chat with me even though I know she was super duper tired as she just arrived back in the U.S. from India.

Let’s take a moment and see what this brand is all about, shall we….


KD:What is Sacred Heart Collection?

BR: I started the collection in 2008 to bring fun, flirty confidence back into mainstream women's wear. I’ve always avoided the super trendy shopping locations for fear of looking like every other girl. So, I started designing pieces exclusively for myself &friends and word quickly spread, & before I knew it people were asking me where they could purchase their own.

I graduated from Spelman College with a degree in Mathematics and worked for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for a small stint. Totally out of place, I wore all the trend right clothes, but so highly inappropriate for meetings, so I took the advice of my mentor and decided to apply for design school at Parsons School of Design and off to New York I went. I decided that I would eventually start my own line, but I had to learn the ropes first. I worked for several brands, and national retailers over the span of 6 years. All of which gave me the invaluable knowledge that I have used help me run my business.

Photobucket

KD:Sacred Heart has been worn by singers LaToya Luckett & Keri Hilson, who else would you LOVE to wear your collection?

BR: Rhianna as she heads out for a night out in NY or LA or better yet, I would LOVE to see First Lady Michelle Obama in one of my vintage inspired dresses for a luncheon.

KD: You’ve lived in Atlanta, NYC, & Dallas – any fashion similarities or differences?

BR: Each city definitely has its own style. I love the ostentatious swagger that Atlanta emulates, the individuality NYC exudes, and the prim/proper attitude that Dallas emits. It's that bizarre combination, that helps me be a better designer & inspires me. Speaking of, I am inspired by old movies, wallpaper, music, landscape, EVERYTHING! I am also inspired by 50’s glamour – the women of that era got dressed to the nines daily just because.

KD: What’s the next “chess move” for Sacred Heart Collection?

BR: To continue to grow the business. I am working on new styles, coordinating an upcoming photo shoot, and planning a trunk show next month in Atlanta's own BluPrint Boutique. Always looking toward the next season!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, my fellow fashionistas, keep your Hearts open and embrace this Sacred Collection! www.sacredheartcollections.com


No comments: